Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Alice

Alice was a silly girl

The last thing I’d do

Is be anything like her

For if I did I’d be a fool

But for supposition’s sake,

Let me be,

Alice for the day

but do things my way.

So, I fall asleep

On my sister’s lap

And wake up in a hole

Alas, the end of my nap.

There was a big door

It opened and voila!

Everything was twice

It’s original size.

Now you might ask

What sets me apart?

From Alice the fool

I’ll tell you soon.

First, I’ll mind my cheek

And be respectful to the Queen

Of Hearts, and the king, too

But that’s not all I’ll do

At the tea party

there I’ll be wary

With the March hare and hatter

And the Cheshire cat too.

Also, I’ll stay

Away from all eats

They might be a treat

But not at the cost

Of the size of my feet

Last of all, I think

I’ll just avoid going in

Those millions of doors.

Like a curious cat,

Which lost its nine lives

In pursuit of what

It could not have.

Now that I have,

For supposition’s sake,

Been Alice for the day.

It’s time to snap back

Into my today.


- 2004

No comments: