Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Castles in the Air

The sun it bids its last goodbye

The sky pulls the curtain out .

The waves caress my lonely feet.

And I know I will be alone tonight.

I’ll dream of you through the night.

You’ll haunt my every moment awake.

Out of sight, but still in my mind

You never leave, persist forever.

When morning comes, I’ll hope again

That you will be mine today,

Just building castles in the air.

Dreams of ecstasy- just you and me.

Fields of gold, a solitary creek.

The water cascades to my knee.

My heart inside leaps silently.

The cool canopy, dark and deep.

The forest floor, and your soul.

What more can I need today?

Right here we’ll forever stay.

The silence, the quiet comfort.

With you by my side.

Its all I’ll ever want.

But I’ll wonder.. it is real.

Are you just a fragile figment?

Lucid, … but reality is a blur.

I wouldn’t know till I wake

And you from me it will take.

I wish to never stir from this

The paradise I’ve created.

Sink deeper and deeper

Into this realm of my own.

Quiet , hidden,unknown

- 2006

No comments: