Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Mimic

A mere mirror ,

Nothing more,

a poor mimic.

But to be more

I fear, yes, I fear.

Why do I fear

What do I fear?

Ask me you all,

ask me out loud

But no, that you can’t

For you too fear,

It is true, that is what we do.

Society, I seek acceptance,

As we all do.

We need comfort,

For secure we must feel,

The walls, we beg, do not

Come tumbling down.

I dare, do i?

To break these shackles,

To free my mind

And destroy the fear,

But it is fear, yes fear,

Which keeps me here.

So safe, so alive.

Or am I alive?

Where the eagles roam,

The heart is free,

And feels no shame.

Is this utopia never to be?

Or shall I ask,

This mimic of mine.

Where shall I tread?

Is this the path to be?

I ask you all,

A realist I be?

For now, and later.

Forever treading with utmost care.

Can I dare?

Shall I open my wings

And soar to paradise?

Or will I remain a mirror?

A mere mimic..

Is that all there is to be?

- 2006

No comments: